Thursday, November 29, 2012

A Summer in South Korea

Last summer (2012) I studied abroad in South Korea for a month. I had an amazing experience as it was my first time in Asia and after all, I am an Asian Studies minor! While I was there I stayed at Hannam University in Daejeon, about two hours south of Seoul. I met some amazingly nice people and still keep in touch with some of them. Anyways, here are a few pictures I took while I was there (I should have taken way more!)

The following two photos were taken at Gyeryong National Park.



After a long hike to the top, I was told by one of the locals to place a stone on this rock pile and to make a prayer. I thought this was a beautiful idea and was so happy to take part.


The photo below was taken of the group dressing up and learning about traditional Korean Weddings (I was the equivalent of a maid of honor, standing to the left of the "bride" in the center). 


One last thing... The whole reason I decided to post about my trip was because I was reminded from this cartoon that teaches you how to read Korean. While I was in Korea, I did learn pretty well how to read Korean (it's actually really easy). Although it may look childish, this cartoon can actually be super helpful and it is really easy to understand. So, you might not have any plans to travel to Korea any time soon but thought I'd go ahead and share it anyways. Who know! You just might need it some day! 


-Yin

No comments:

Post a Comment