Thursday, November 29, 2012

Creative Computing

My first Computer Science class has been a blast!  I enjoy learning about the different creative uses for a computer and a little about what is happening in the background.  I have learned how to use computer programs that I never would have tried otherwise.  Here is an example of something that I created using GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) and Inkscape.


It is a bit political but I hope it doesn't bore you.  Whether you are left, right, or center I think you may agree that something needs to change.  This is my call to action.

Another thing I created (with some help of course) was an action packed, parodic trailer for the next Taken.  If you aren't familiar with Taken it is a popular action film centered around a bad ass father who is rescuing his daughter from human traffickers.  The producers are coming out with a sequel when it is obvious that was not the plan from the start.  Alex, Hannah and I decided to go ahead and create the trailer for the third installment of Taken.



In fact, my Creative Computing class is the reason I started this blog with Christina.  Originally the plan was for it to be strictly photographs since editing photographs was a part of my project.  Now it has definitely evolved and Christina and I plan on continuing the blog even after my due date.  Come back and visit us frequently.  Follow us on Google+ to get updates.

-Yang

No comments:

Post a Comment